Assembly Theme of Summer, 2018: Bringing People and Conocimientos Together: Sharing, Learning and Creating Active Communities Across Borders.
August 2-5, 2018. Four Days of Building Community. Sierra Norte, Community of Cuajimoloyas, Ixtlán. Oaxaca, Mexico.
- Western Knowledge, Indigenous Knowledge: Who
said they were different?
- The Construction of Identities and the
Geopolitics of Power: Challenging Imposed and Fixed Identities.
- Food and its role in the construction - and
deconstruction - of communities: Conversations around Food and in Community.
- Reading Nature: Understanding Land and its
- Youth Empowerment: Creating Spaces for the Voices
of Youth to be Heard.
- Land Rights, Human Rights, Whose Rights?
Understanding the Colonial Legacy and its Impact on Land Ownership and Land
- Resilience or Resistencia? Sharing Stories of Success in Community Development.
- Art and Resistance: Creating Stories Everyone
- What is the Next Step? Collecting Experiences and Planning for the Future.
Pre-register today and join our email list to receive updates on our program, presenters and other activities we are planning for our assembly